Associated Builders and Contractors humble history started with seven contractors meeting in a Baltimore living room in 1950 to discuss the shared belief that construction contracts should be awarded on merit to the most qualified, lowest-priced responsible bidder.
Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) is a national construction industry trade association representing nearly 21,000 chapter members. Founded on the merit shop philosophy, ABC and its 70 chapters help members develop people, win work and deliver that work safely, ethically, profitably and for the betterment of the communities in which ABC and its members work. Visit us at www.abc.org
ABC is recognized as the voice of the free enterprise philosophy of construction contracting:
- advocating free and open competition as the best approach to achieving high-quality construction services at the best price
- promoting freedom of choice for employees with regard to labor affiliation
The Hawaii Chapter of Associated Builders and Contractors was founded in 1989 to represent Merit Shop contractors throughout the State of Hawaii. ABC Hawaii currently represents over 170 member contractors, suppliers and service providers.
ABC Hawaii encourages stronger participation by women and minorities in the construction industry through business outreach, career recruitment, mentor-protege and work force management and apprenticeship training activities.
ABC Hawaii's scope of services to its members includes:
- A state approved trade Apprenticeship Program
- Legislative and regulatory representation at the state and local levels
- Business development networking events
- Safety training to protect your employees and reputation
- Management education to improve your profitability
- Legal assistance on labor matters
- Formal recognition, promotion, and awards for performance excellence
- Subscriptions to ABC National's Construction Executive magazine and the ABC Hawaii Connection quarterly
- Association Health Plans and Accredited Quality Contractor Program
The ABC Hawaii Chapter is dedicated to promoting free enterprise
in contracting and enhancing the performance of its
member companies and their employees!